[mod_python] Import site failed

Jessamyn Smith jessamyn.smith at pason.com
Thu Mar 27 14:38:16 EST 2003

We are in the process of upgrading our application to use mod_python.  I
have successfully configured and installed mod_python-2.7.8 on my
system, with Python 2.2.2 and MySQL-python-0.9.2.  However, when the
other developers follow my directions, they get the following error when
trying to run any Python CGI scripts:

make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
make_obcallback(): could not call init.
[Thu Mar 27 14:28:44 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] python_handler:
make_obcallback returned no obCallBack!

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be different?  As far as
we know we are all running the same system (RedHat 7.3).  I am able to
wipe out my entire Python 2.2.2 directory and start the install from
scratch, and get a working version of mod_python, so I suspect the
problem is in the environment.

I tried looking through the archives, but the link for downloading the
entire mbox seems to be broken:
Not Found

The requested URL /pipermail/mod_python.mbox/mod_python.mbox was not
found on this server.

My patience for clicking monthly links to the archives wore out well
before I'd checked them all.

Jessamyn