[mod_python] STDF Binary Datalog Reader

D George Jakubec jakubec at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 30 21:06:36 EST 2003

I got an STDF version 4.0 binary datalog file reader
from http://www.datalogs.org that translates those
nasty binary files to plain ASCII text files so that
I can see what is inside. The reader consists of
some C code and API library routines.

The reader was then wrapped within a python code
to automate some features during ATE generation
process. The python interfaces with Oracle database
to put some data from the ASCII file that was
generated by the reader. The code runs fine on Unix
System V release 4. It also runs fine on Sun Solaris 9.
Tried it on NT 4 SP 5 and Windows 2000 Professional
with SP 3 installed. No problem on MS platforms either.
Don't need to worry about Lunix, for now.

Ok, so far good. We know we got some good python on NT.
We get into whether or not I installed the mod_python.dll
correctly I don't know if this is the normal behavior.
The url address I point to the html code is a form.
It should call a script I wrote, myscript.py. I get the text
from myscript.py to come up on my browser. This is
normal. When I place my cursor in the url address
(pointing to F:\asteroid\home\webserver\cgi-bin\myscript.py)
and hit enter the script which outputs html was actually run?
i.e. it quickly closes. Usually, the perl script gets a message
that it didn't run.

My DSO in conf on NT system looks like this
#
# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
LoadModule anon_auth_module modules/ApacheModuleAuthAnon.dll
LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/ApacheModuleCERNMeta.dll
LoadModule digest_module modules/ApacheModuleDigest.dll
LoadModule expires_module modules/ApacheModuleExpires.dll
LoadModule headers_module modules/ApacheModuleHeaders.dll
LoadModule proxy_module modules/ApacheModuleProxy.dll
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/ApacheModuleRewrite.dll
LoadModule speling_module modules/ApacheModuleSpeling.dll
LoadModule status_module modules/ApacheModuleStatus.dll
LoadModule usertrack_module modules/ApacheModuleUserTrack.dll
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.dll
ExtendedStatus On

.. the rest of the file is pretty much standard.
-dj