[mod_python] persistent values

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Mon Jun 23 18:31:47 EST 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> One of the weirdnesses I've found about mod_python is that it seems to
> be losing values that I set on module-level name-spaces.  If I import a
> module, set a value on it, then later try to access it, sometimes it
> works and sometimes it doesn't.

If you could come up with a way to replicate this weirdness, that would be
great.

> This may or may not be related to the weirdness about how mod_python
> imports modules or PythonAutoReload...

There isn't anything unusual about the way mod_python imports modules.
PythonAutoReload can yeld strange results after a lot of changes and a lot
of reloading, but that's not unusual during development. A cleanly started
Apache should (and does for me at least) behave 100% predictably.

Grisha