[mod_python] need working fix for 'import site' aka 'ImportError' aka 'make_obcallback' error

kevin douglas fitnah55 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 04:16:17 EST 2003

i've spent hours trying to tweak perms and paths and add debugging to
glean any kind of adequate fix

i never had this problem with mod_python before... maybe it is a problem
with the 'worker' setup, i dunno

these are the three repeated errors:

-----
ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache
[Sun Jun 08 00:06:50 2003] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
mod_python.apache.
-----

PythonEnablePdb doesn't work because it doesn't make it that far

i've done a million different things with the /usr/lib /usr/local/lib
difference including copying across, adding .pth files all over the
place, adding PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH into apachectl etc, nothing is
working

it gives the error 5 times on 'apachectl stop' in the log file so I'm
assuming it's a per process problem maybe related to the 'worker' setup,
but that's the whole point of apache2 so I am at a loss as to how to
proceed

i've been using mod_python since winter of 1998 off and on

please help thanks