[mod_python] problem creating an instance and debugging

Dustin Mitchell dustin at ywlcs.org
Wed Jul 2 21:02:43 EST 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:46:52PM -0700, Daniel Rubin wrote:
<snip snip>
> in parse_response
>     response = f.read(1024)
>   File "/home/lib/python2.2/httplib.py", line 1140, in
> read
>     assert not self._line_consumed and self._line_left
> AssertionError

Looking at this assertion, it seems valid.  Which is to say, in a linear
code flow, it should never get triggered.  My conjuecture then would be
that this is a threading issue.  Is your code using global variables of
any sort?  I'm pretty confident xmlrpclib and httplib are thread-safe,
but perhaps someone knows something to the contrary?

Dustin

--

  Dustin Mitchell
  dustin at ywlcs.org/djmitche at alumni.uchicago.edu