[mod_python] Re: [4suite] 4Suite Reliance on ENVIRONMENT & global variables

Mongryong Mongryong at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 23 19:02:22 EST 2003

Trying mod_python myself is
> still on my to-do.
>
> Anyway, next wild guess...  ;-)
>
> Could it be a dynamic library clash between cDomlette's expat, pyexpat
> and Apache's expat?
Okay, I'm just throwing something at you guys:

Is the expat library loaded dynamically or compiled statically in
4Suite?

Now, I've only managed to find libexpat in my /usr/lib directory.  There
it exists as 'libexpat.so.0.3.0' (Aug 19 2002) - I believe this is what
comes with the RedHat Distribution.  I'm suspicious of the 0.3.0.  Is
there a nice way to find out which libexpat is being used?

Here are the expat versions required:
4Suite -> expat 1.95.5
Apache -> expat 1.95.1
PyXML 0.8.2 -> expat 1.95.5