[mod_python] Wierd problem with API version mismatch

Tim Parker (UK) tim.parker at intec-telecom-systems.com
Mon Jan 20 16:25:28 EST 2003

I managed to install the mod_python module and it was working with no
problems at all with my Apache server running on Port 8080, I have now
migrated this server to be the main server and shutdown the original server
which was running on Port 80.  But whenever I try to access a python script
it gives me the following message in the error_log file:

[Mon Jan 20 16:17:25 2003] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
authentication ...
[Mon Jan 20 16:17:25 2003] [notice] Digest: done
[Mon Jan 20 16:17:25 2003] [notice] Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_08
Perl/v5.6.1 DAV/2 mod_python/3.0.1 Python/2.2.1 PHP/4.3.0s
warning: Python C API version mismatch for module strop: This Python has API
version 1011, module strop has version 1007.
Fatal Python error: can't initialize module strop
[Mon Jan 20 16:17:38 2003] [notice] child pid 6213 exit signal Aborted (6)

The Linux version the Apache 2 server is running on is : Linux thunder
2.4.18-17.7.x #1 Tue Oct 8 13:33:14 EDT 2002 i686 unknown

What I don't understand is this sometimes seems to work and then other times
it gives me this error message - does anyone know what could cause this as
it is very confusing as it used to work under the different port, but I
can't see how that would affect it, or what else could have caused the
problem to occur when it was working ok before.

Thanks for any help on this weird problem!!!!
Tim.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and/or copyright
material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies).  If you are not an
intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete
it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail.  In such a case, reading, reproducing,
printing or further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Intec Telecom Systems PLC. does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free
from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any
attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom
Systems PLC.