[mod_python] linking installation problem [Fwd: Re: [mod_python] installation problems]

baz listmail at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 5 01:47:26 EST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [mod_python] installation problems
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:22:24 +0100
From: baz <listmail at xs4all.nl>
To: Lex Berezhny <LBerezhny at DevIS.com>

Hey, I don't think your problem is libtool related!!

I had the exact same thing, it's a Python thing, not apache..

My solution:

try
# locate libpython2.2.so

if nothing comes up you don't have the python shared library, which is
needed by mod python.

i used the following commands to build it from source and install it:

cd Python-2.2.2/
make distclean
./configure
make OPT="-fpic -O2"
mkdir .extract
(cd .extract; ar xv ../libpython2.2.a)
gcc -shared -o libpython2.2.so .extract/*.o
rm -rf .extract
make install

then proceed to build mod_python as usual..

have fun!

baz.