[mod_python] cannot import mod_python.apache error

Murali krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 23:23:45 EST 2003

[Original Poster] I thought I replied to the list about this problem
before. May be I forgot to CC the list. I tried installing Python 2.2.2,
I still got the same error. For the 2.3a1 installation, I had checked
all
the permissions and all the usual pit falls, they were not the cause.
Before I checked the permissions and the usual stuff for the 2.2.2
installation,
another person had identified it as a bug in Python 2.3a1 (It did not
try to
import the modules under some circumstances) and suggested a one line
patch.
That solved the problem. I think you needed to add one line
'_PyImportHooks()' (or something like that) to the file pythonrun.c some
where near
line 350 (I am quoting all this from memory).

So right now, I have Python 2.3a1 + mod_python 3.0.1 + Apache 2.0.44 +
PHP 4.3 + ...
working together. However, I am getting a different kind of error. The
apache processes
are catching a SIGNAL 11 and terminating. However, it is not
mod_python's fault.
The python based dispatcher code, which works with Python 1.5, no longer
works with 2.3a1.
I haven't got around to finding the exact problem. Once I do, I will
tell you guys the
exact problem, and you guys can tell me if this is another bug in Python
2.3a1 or my code
has to be rewritten.

Thanks for the solution. And sorry for forgetting to CC to the list.

- Murali

PS: When I reply to any of the mailing messages, neither the To field,
nor the CC field
has the list address. I guess in my previous posting I forgot to add in
the list address
by hand.