[mod_python] Execution limtis

Jeff Davis jdavis-mod-python at empires.org
Sat Feb 1 03:50:58 EST 2003

Is it possible ot control the max execution time for a single request? I'd
like to install mod_python in a virtualhosting environment, and I think I can
control the RAM with an auto-imported setrlimit module, but I don't want to
control execution time with that because it would kill the process in the
middle of a request (right?).

If it's not available currently, is it even possible to implement a timeout
without changing python itself? I would be interested in implementing it if
someone can help me think of an idea how to do it. I know many other system
admins would install mod_python if it could be controlled in a way similar to
php4.

As a convenience, I think it might be helpful to provide config directives to
setrlimit() the apache process on startup to certain values. Would the
developers be interested if I were to implement that (I've made 1.3 apache
modules before, so I figure I could handle some changes to a 2.0 module).

Regards,
	Jeff Davis