[mod_python] Problem on OpenBSD with Publisher Handler

Greenbeard greenbeard400 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 11:12:54 EST 2003

I am getting this error when trying to use the
publisher handler.

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py",
line 332, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
line 142, in handler
    if req.extension:  # this exists if we're running
in a | .ext handler

AttributeError: 'mp_request' object has no attribute
'extension'

my httpd.conf is as described in the docs:

<Directory /home/myServer/apache2/htdocs>
  AddHandler python-program .py
  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
  PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Simple test script:

from mod_python import apache

def test(req):
    x = "Testing 123"
    return x

Any ideas?  My error log does not have anything
different than the message above.

I am running Apache/2.0.44, mod_python/3.0.1,
Python/2.2.1 - right now I can not upgrade any of
these .

Thanks!

gb400