[mod_python] Trouble installing mod_python

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Dec 12 15:07:24 EST 2003

I'm running Mac OS X 10.3 with Apache 2 installed (via the Complete
Apache 2 installer package) and I'm trying to install mod_python
(latest from CVS). I ./configure and make and make install it fine, but
when I add the LoadModule line to my httpd.conf file and do a Check
Syntax I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 1099 of /Library/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /Library/Apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: dyld:
/Library/Apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_PyExc_AttributeError
_PyExc_IOError
_PyExc_IndexError
_PyExc_KeyError
_PyExc_RuntimeError
_PyExc_StopIteration
_PyExc_TypeError
_PyExc_ValueError
_PyInt_Type
_PyList_Type
_PyObject_GenericGetAttr
_PyObject_GenericSetAttr
_PyString_Type
_PyType_Type
_Py_OptimizeFlag
__Py_NoneStruct
__Py_NotImplementedStruct

line 1099 is my LoadModule for mod_python. Why am I getting this error
and how can I fix it?

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org