[mod_python] import site errors, and constant modules (Re)loading

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Dec 10 00:54:05 EST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:

> [Tue Dec 09 11:18:25 2003] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module
> 'update' with path set to '['/var/www/html/proxy']'
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> (this repeats about 20 times)

You should get as many of these messages as there are httpd processes
running. 20 seems a bit high to me, unless your httpd is configured to
have a minimum 20 servers running at any given time, but it is not
impossible (or unreasonable for a high volume server).

Do you get one of these for every request, or only for the first 20?

Grisha