[mod_python] session management

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Dec 4 22:51:53 EST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 anthony.barker at bmo.com wrote:

> Do the mod_python sessions work in windows 2000?

I think it does, but if you read the recent "Problem with Session module
with multiple..." thread, it appears there is a bug with the way the path
is provided in the cookies on Windows in the latest beta version.

But, aside from that, the answer is "yes" ;-)

> It would be nice if the session module was compatible with cgi,
> so it could be used in prototyping situations where the user doesn't
> have access to a mod_python enabled apache server....

Cgi and mod_python are worlds apart, it makes no sense to find a
compromize between them.

Grisha