[mod_python] Re: Cannot run test script: (Re)importing module 'mptest'

Damon Lynch damon at asianreflection.com
Tue Aug 12 21:46:34 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 19:23, David Fraser wrote:

> So the content type is being set to application/x-python ... it seems
> likely to me that somewhere in your Apache configuration (mime.types?)
> you've got it set to return this mime type ... do a search for
> application/x-python in your Apache conf directory files and see what
> you find...

Thanks David.  That did the trick.  It seems to me that someone may like
to review putting the above advice on this page:

http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-apacheconfig.html

Since Mandrake comes by default with:

application/x-python                      py
application/x-python-bytecode             pyc

It would certainly help people like me, who know a lot more about python
than they do about apache!! ;-)

Damon