[mod_python] Cannot run test script: (Re)importing module 'mptest'

Damon Lynch damon at asianreflection.com
Sun Aug 10 15:05:31 EST 2003

Hi,

There is an example test script in:

http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html

I cannot get the example test script to run: the "Hello World" is being
dumped to the browser incorrectly - the browser prompts to save it,
instead of displaying it.  I've checked and rechecked (and rechecked
again!!) and I believe I've followed the instructions as best I can.

I'm running (on Mandrake 9.1):

apache2-2.0.47-1.1mdk
apache2-mod_python-2.0.47_3.0.3-4mdk
python-2.2.2-6mdk

httpd2.conf contains:

LoadModule python_module                 extramodules/mod_python.so

commonhttpd.conf contains:

<Directory "/var/www/html/test/">
  AddHandler python-program .py
  PythonHandler mptest
  PythonDebug On
</Directory>

the apache error log shows:

[notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module 'mptest'

the URL I'm using is:
http://myserver/test/mptest

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks