[mod_python] Persistent db connections

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Thu Aug 7 10:51:01 EST 2003

Hi Van

You're right, I confused dbpool (python) with dbpool (java) which does
what I described.

If you can provide a DB connection limit >= the Apache connection limit
you should probably be fine.

>From python the SqlRelay also does what I described (allow many more
connections to the DB than the DB connection limit). See
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/ and esp.
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/faq.html#howwork

Cheers

Conrad