[mod_python] RE: mod_python newbie looking for information/refere nces

Brian Allbee brian at linus.smenet.org
Fri Apr 25 12:05:24 EST 2003

Thanks, Hans!

Am I understanding things correctly then (after reading through the
tutorial, especially section 3.4) that if I have the configuration for
Apache set to something like:

AddHandler python-program .py
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

that it is possible to set up pseudo-pages by generating different
module-files for each such "page?" For example, an "index.py" and
"form.py" page can have distinctive outputs from each other, but are
still essentially called as if they were "real" pages
(www.site.com/index and www.site.com/form, respectively)? If so, is the
file-extension necessary, or would the example URLs still call index.py
and form.py respectively? And I'm assuming that under those
circumstances each would need a default handler() function (perhaps in
addition to any other functions that might be called by something like
www.site.com/form/submission) if they were expected to be able to do
anything without any direct query-string or form-field input.

I presume that standard python module-import syntax is supported
(allowing for the development of common code to be shared between
several modules, I hope) as well?

Hoping I'm understanding things correctly - the more I look at
mod_python's capabilities, the more I'm liking what I see...

Brian