[mod_python] Why are you using mod_python?

emf i at mindlace.net
Sat Apr 12 22:51:49 EST 2003

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> Hello everyone -
>
> As the original author of mod_python I think I'm allowed to jerk people's
> chains with this simple question:
>
> Why are you using mod_python?

I am using mod_python because I wanted a way to manipulate xhtml/xml
files and present them to end users without ever tainting the xhtml/xml
with unrelated markup (like putting python in the page, having extra
attributes, etc).

No existing python framework cleanly gives me that ability, and I didn't
want to use a web server written in python, so mod_python seemed like
the best choice.

~mindlace