[mod_python] Building mod_python installer for Windows

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Wed Apr 2 13:53:01 EST 2003

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to build the
mod_python installer for Windows.

Seems that the dist subdirectory contains stuff to build it using
distutils, but there was a comment that it should only work in Python
2.3 because of post install scripts. Is this true? Does this affect the
build machine only or the target machine too?

Secondly it seems to need to have had configure run. This brings up more
general build issues. I have mingw, MSys, cygwin installed. However
configure wants apxs which doesn't come with my Apache 2.0 build for
Windows, and presumably I need a source tree for Apache. Do I have to
actually build Apache for Windows, or is just the source sufficient?

Thanks
David