[mod_python] Why are you using mod_python?

Lex Berezhny LBerezhny at DevIS.com
Tue Apr 1 12:00:11 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 11:26, Michael C. Neel wrote:
> I did see a comment that probably only 1% of the people use a handler,
> and instead use a fastcgi.  If this is the case, then it is a shame, as
> the benchmarks told me.  How publisher fits in, I don't know - I've
> never tried it.  If you look into it, you'll find that writing a handler
> is really pretty easy.

Most of the responses to Grishas email note that they use mod_python for
its handler. I'm not sure where the 1% comes from.

I also use the handler :-)

In fact, I feel that the handler is much easier to use and even figure
out, than the publisher.

my two cents,

  - lex