[mod_python] The story with python compiled with threads

Antonio Rodriguez Antonio at Memora.com
Thu Nov 14 21:21:43 EST 2002

To those wiser in mod_python,

So the README says to definitely *NOT* use mod_python with python compiled
with threads in apache 1.3, but I bet that many people do anyway. What is
the story with what can go wrong? That is, I've heard of the apache
processes dying from the start and obviously using threads in your scripts
probably isn't cool, but what if mod_python seems to run ok most of the
time.

The basic question is this: what can happen if we use mod_python with python
with threads support in terms of partial failure?

Thanks

Antonio