[mod_python] Default function for Publisher

Arcady Genkin agenkin-lst-mod_python at thpoon.com
Sun Nov 10 13:06:56 EST 2002

I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to make the url
"http://foo" respond with a python handler in index.py.  In the end I
came up with the following:

   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule ^/*$ /index.py/main

which seems to work, but is a hack.  In the list archives I saw a few
threads that proposed introducing a default handler function for the
Publisher, but the impression I got was that the functionality still
is not implemented.

As a new user of mod_python, I'd like to pitch in that default
Publisher function would save me a lot of trouble and time, which I'd
rather have spent getting to know mod_python than learning how
mod_rewrite works.  It would be much cleaner to write:

  DirectoryIndex index.py
  PyPublisherDefaultFunction main

or some such.
--
Arcady Genkin

guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders                       (E.E. Cummings)