[mod_python] Serving files via mod_python

Ian Clelland ian at veryfresh.com
Tue May 21 16:54:18 EST 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 07:12:44PM -0400, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> > You don't even need to do that; all you have to do is install the
> > PythonAuthzHandler, and let Apache handle serving the actual content.
> > The AuthzHandler will act like a 'filter' on an otherwise normal
> > request/response.
>
> Is this new? It's not in the documentation:
>
> http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/dir-handlers.html

It does seem conspicuously absent from the online documentation; I
don't think that's deliberate, though. It appears to be fully supported
by the code (it's in mod_python.c and requestobject.c) and I've been
using it with no problems for a while now.

It is mentioned in an example on this page:
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/dir-handlers-syn.html

(Grisha? I think this was brought up about 6 weeks ago as well -- any
 updates? :)

Ian
<ian at veryfresh.com>