[mod_python] mod_python segfault

William Robertson wkr at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Jun 26 20:01:31 EST 2002

Hi,

I've been having problems installing mod_python 2.7.8 for Apache 1.3.26
on Gentoo Linux.  I compiled it as a DSO, using a python interpreter
compiled without threads, and am pretty certain I got the configuration
from the documentation correct for both Apache and the hello world
example.

When I tried to run the example, however, I got segfaults from
mod_python.so.  A gdb backtrace and some disassembly, confirmed by some
debugging code, shows that req->per_dir_config in the following line
(mod_python.c:560, in python_handler()) is uninitialized:

conf = (py_dir_config *) ap_get_module_config(req->per_dir_config, &python_module);

Any ideas?

--
| William Robertson | GPG:0x90A3BED4 | wkr at cs.ucsb.edu |