[mod_python] postgres progress

Oliver Cope oliver at redgecko.org
Fri Jul 26 08:30:38 EST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:36:39PM +0100, matt wrote:
> bah, I've just run into the same problem as someone else was having getting
> postgres to work with mod_python
>
> http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2001-August/001589.html
>
> pgdb
> PyPgSQL
> psycopg
>
> all fail to import

Have you tried using the PyGreSQL which comes with PostgreSQL?

If you configure PostgreSQL with --with-python it will build and install
PyGreSQL, and this seems quite stable for use with mod_python.

As I keep as non-threaded installation of Python for use with
mod_python separate from my main python installation, I had to modify
PATH to get PostgreSQL to install the module in the right place:

  % PATH=/opt/python2.1.2-nothreads/bin/:$PATH ./configure --with-python

(PostgreSQL 7.2, mod_python 2.7.6 and python 2.1.2 on OpenBSD 3.1)

Regards,

Olly.