[mod_python] Problems creating files from mod_python

Gerard Patel gerard.patel at nerim.net
Wed Jul 3 17:42:14 EST 2002

At 11:35 AM 7/3/02 -0300, you wrote:

(...)
>> >On the fd.close() it make this error:
>> >IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file Descriptor
>> >
>> >The file is created but i can't write on it.
>> >

>> >The perms are corectly applied, from a python script ( out of apache )
>> >the thinks work ok.
>

>no , the file doesn't exist before running the script in mod_python, i
>aready check that.

Maybe you could check by hand if the apache user has
the correct rights ? Here is what I would do in the same
situation - on my system Apache runs as nobody :

su
<enter root password>

su nobody

try to create a file; if it fails, the user has no rights and it's
a system configuration question.

Hope this helps

Gerard Patel