[mod_python] Newbie question for mod_perl, Apache and ActivePython on Win32

Stephen M. McAllister smcallister at msn.com
Sat Feb 23 09:06:48 EST 2002

> > I am trying to install and config mod_perl on a Win2k/SP2
> > server running the latest Apache V1.3.23 ....
Ooops...I meant mod_python...I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted this. I
already had Apache installed and was using the ActivePython-2.1.1.msi
distribution. I want to try and use these if possible. I am trying to
understand just what versions work with what. I don't mind uninstalling
these and installing older versions or other distributions, but I wanted to
see if I can get what I currently running to work with mod_python. Should I
not be using ActiveState Python?

> > I am still confused. The modperl.org Windows Appendix
> > A is totally inadequate.
I meant the Appendix in the following link that explains how to setup
mod_python on a Windows box.
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.6/doc-html/app-wininst.html

> > I still get the following error while trying to
> > load the mod_python in my environment.
I was attempting to show the line in my httpd.conf files that was causing
Apache to not start.
Commenting the line out allows Apache to start.

> Sorry, you've got me confused as well. Are you trying to
> install mod_python, mod_perl or both mod_python AND
> mod_perl?
Sorry about that....For now I just want to install and configure mod_python
in my current environment if possible. I will want to install mod_perl
later, but not for a while.

--Steve