[mod_python] .pyc and .pyo bytecode files under mod_python ?

ps0 at igmp.com.ar ps0 at igmp.com.ar
Thu Feb 21 17:55:52 EST 2002

I think we are in a confusion , I will explain my problem more deep with a
simple real example :

I need : 1) Build a web aplication in python
         2) Buy this application to a client
	 3) I don't want the client has the source code of the .py files so
	    i need to include ONLY .pyc or .pyo bytecode files on that
	    aplication, I know the blah blah about the posibility of decompile
	    .pyc and .pyo files but the client is too stupid to do that.

So , In my test lab I mount a apache+mod_python with this configuration :

http.conf :

[.......]
<Directory /var/www/test2>
AddHandler puthon-program .pyc
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
PythonDebug On
</Directory>
[........]

Contents of the /var/www/test2 dir :

-rwxr-xr-x  1 www-data www-data 186 hello.pyc

and I try this :

links http://localhost/test2/hello/say

And obtain this :

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /test2/hello/hello.py on this server

The contents of hello.py ( not compiled and in another directory ) :

def say(req):
 req.content_type="text/plain"
 req.send_http_header()
 s="HELLO WORLD !"
 return s

 If I try via the usual method ( using .py file and
 AddHandler puthon-program .py , works pefect.

Tnks a lot !