[mod_python] make problems

Cameron S. Watters cameron at toolhouse.com
Wed Dec 4 16:16:46 EST 2002

> You don't mention your FreeBSD version, it's possible that you have a
> really old libtool. Also make sure that Apache is compiled with
> --enable-threads. See the FreeBSD section in mod_python README.

FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
libtool 1.3.4 (installed from ports)

Thanks for the pointer to the FreeBSD note in the readme, I had missed
it, BUT....

I still get the same message after recompiling apache with the
--enable-threads flag set. I think it has more to do with the fact that
there isn't a libpython2.2.so built (as mentioned by
gdamjan at mail.net.mk).

I would suggest adding that either to the docs on the website (and to
the README of future releases). The standard python built from source
doesn't appear to do it for you and according to the python FAQ, item
3.30, Why is the Python interpreter not built as a shared library?, it
won't until v2.3. If this IS required by mod_python, it should be at
least given a mention, and optimally, there would be instructions about
how to create it.