[mod_python] make problems

Cameron S. Watters cameron at toolhouse.com
Wed Dec 4 13:46:48 EST 2002

Hello all,

figured you could help.

I keep getting this message when I try to make mod_python 3.0.1

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by
-lpython2.2.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module mod_python.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

I installed apache 2.0.43 and python 2.2.2 from source on FreeBSD. I'm
explicitly passing --with-python and --with-apxs to the configure
script.

Any help would be appreciated.

--cameron