[mod_python] Promoting Python as web application development language

vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 25 20:32:58 EST 2002

Well, sorry about this. But listen, Fabian, just accept that other people have
different views on this than your own, and different ways of doing things.
Additionally, I do have serious problems with all this 'privacy' in your
procedure. I think this is a public issue where everybody is concerned, and
all communications on this topic should be in a 'public' forum, not private
emails. You'll notice that I took great care in CC-ing everything I received
on this to this public list, with the exception of couple of mails from you
and Rimon.

I consider my somewhat direct message to the ASF and related messages have been
successful: they established what the criteria for a 'python.apache.org'
are (check out Jorgen's replies). Additional messages on this topic
established that the way to a 'python.apache.org == mod_python' is a rather
clear and straight path.

The main issue now seems to be whether the 'python.apache.org' brand should be
only used for apache 'modules' (like mod_perl and mod_python) - which is what
I am promoting, or a more general link to all kind of packages more or less
related to apache and python. This is what Rimon promotes.