[mod_python] mod_python link on Apache web page?

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Thu Aug 22 09:25:08 EST 2002

I was browsing around the Apache web pages when it struck me that
mod_python is definitely not getting the exposure it could on those
pages. There is perl.apache.org, php.apache.org and tcl.apache.org, but
there is no python.apache.org. There isn't even a mod_python link under
the "Sister Projects" section.

I think this is quite sad, because why shouldn't Python be an equally
good choice as web app development language as Perl, PHP or TCL?

What I would like to do is get a link to the mod_python web site under
the "Sister Projects" section of http://www.apache.org/, or (preferably)
find out how a python.apache.org could be created, either as a general
Python-Apache site or as a direct link to the mod_python web site
(perl.apache.org is actually the mod_perl site).

Are there any opinions or further information on this matter that anyone
would like to share? Is anyone interested in this?

Cheers,
Fabian