[mod_python] What's the deal with _apachemodule?

msdemlei at cl.uni-heidelberg.de msdemlei at cl.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Apr 14 00:01:21 EST 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 10:58:19PM +0200, Adrien Plisson wrote:
> From: "Markus Demleitner" <msdemlei at cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
> > So, what's the deal?  _apachemodule.so isn't mentioned anywhere in the
> > source tree, but it seems to be required to satisfy the import _apache
> > statement.  What might the solution to this riddle be?
>
> if i remember right, this problem is due to the fact the the _apache module
> works *only* in an apache environment, that is, only when imported in a
> module which is called from mod_python which runs on a launched apache
> server.
>
> quoted from the doc:
> "4.3 apache - Access to Apache Internals.
>
> The Python Application Programmer interface to Apache internals is contained
> in a module appropriately named
> apache, located inside the mod python package. This module provides some
Well, yes, I'd expect that much, but I was not talking about
apache.py but about _apachemodule.so of which I found no trace
in the distribution:  apache.py imports _apache and can't do so
on my system.  Also, the failure occurred inside the mod_python
handler (which is why the tracebacks ended up in the error.log).

But thanks anyway

        Markus