[mod_python] mod_python under IIS?

Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard {Metation} jfk at metation.com
Tue Apr 2 11:30:17 EST 2002

Mandag  1. April 2002 22:01 skrev du:
> Have you considered a simple CGI, ignoring mod_python?
>
> While annoying (very heavy overhead from process forks), it will
> work under a variety of web server configurations.

Well, there are two problems involved in using a CGI solution. One is
performance, which isn't critical in all cases. Another problem is that I
like to be able to use short, meningful URLs e.g.
"http://somewhere.com/articles/20020215-1.html" instead of, say,
"http://somewhere.com/cgi-bin/show.py?article-id=20020215-1"

Under Apache one could use mod_rewrite to rewrite urls of the former form to
the latter. Do you happen to know if something similar is possible under IIS?
I don't know much about IIS yet; until now I've only worked on Apache...

regards,

Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard, direktør og systemkonsulent
Metation aps - Kystvejen 29, DK-8000 Århus C
Web: www.metation.com  - Tlf: +45 8625 0038 - Mobil: +45 2925 6693