[mod_python] installing

Dan Allen mojavelinux at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 15:26:31 EST 2001

Horray! I got the Hello World script to work.  I had to recompile python into /usr since my apache user didn't have /usr/local in the path and I wanted it in /usr anyway.  I recompiled mod_python as well and put the -DEAPI flag in the Makefile since apache kept complaining about the API config and to use this flag.  Anyway, I got it to work and I get a beautiful "hello world"

Now, what the hell do I do?  If I put another sample script (not called mptest.py but another name) in the directory where mptest.py resides, I just keep getting Hello World.  Do I have to push everything through mptest.py or what?  I am a bit confused as to how to actually do something with this mod_python.  Anyone?

Dan