[mod_python] httpd dead but subsys locked

Jeroen van Drie jvdev at 3va.net
Tue May 29 16:48:31 EST 2001

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 15:41 pm, you wrote:

Hi Ax,

When loading with -X i get the "
Loaded DSO modules/mod_python.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might
crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)"
and it segfaults.

It's the first module defined in httpd.conf.

that hasn't been causing any problems on my 7.1 rh test system and from
numerous reports I've read people generally seem to disregard the warning.

I got the sources,  edited the Makefile to run apxs with -DEAPI as an
argument, which however caused the same error and segfault.

I would dearly like to see this issue resolved and if theres anything I can
do to contribute towards solving it i'd be happy to contribute my time.