[mod_python] Strange reloading of modules used in handler

Chris Hagner CHagner at fool.com
Wed May 9 23:57:32 EST 2001

Thanks, yeah, simply importing the module was my backup plan.

My motivation is thus: the server running this handler/code is going to be
swamped load-wise and I wanted to be able to use apache's graceful restart
(starting new child procs and swapping them in for the old ones without
dropping a single request) to seamlessly update the application
configuration.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and the import won't make a graceful restart
drop a connection... I'll be doing some testing to find out just where this
stands.

Again, thanks for the feedback/input.  Much appreciated.

Chris