[mod_python] Win2k httpd.conf problems

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Wed May 9 03:10:35 EST 2001

> I am unable to configure things, and i get the error:
> -------------------------
> Mod_python error: "PythonHandler test"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "c:\program files\python20\lib\mod_python\apache.py", line 180, in
> Dispatch
>     object = resolve_object(self.req, module, object_str, silent)
>
>   File "c:\program files\python20\lib\mod_python\apache.py", line 396, in
> resolve_object
>     raise AttributeError, s
>
> AttributeError: module 'c:\program files\python20\lib\test\__init__.pyc'
> contains no 'handler'
> -------------------------

>     <Directory "C:/Apache/cgi-bin">
>         AddHandler python-program .py
>         PythonHandler test

The most common error in the world, and very obvious.
Don't use 'test.py' for your testing script, there is already a package named
'test' in python and mod_python tries to load and execute that one.

You should use something like 'mptest.py' and don't forget to change

	PythonHandler mptest

--
Damjan Georgievski		|           Дамјан Георгиевски
Skopje, Macedonia		|           Скопје, Македонија