[mod_python] any production systems out there?

Miguel Marques miguel at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 15 15:57:22 EST 2001

> i'm trying to evaluate mod python for a production system, and i'd like to
> get feedback...
>
> - is anyone using mod_python in a production environment?

We use it at York University for seveal of our Web Applications.
Account Management System, Activation of Residence Network Drops,
the search interface to our LDAP server, etc, with more to come...

> - is your production site a heavily hit site?
Depends what you consider a heavily hit site.   We probably don't get
more than 50 to 60 users using our sites concurrently but unfortunately
I don't currently have good stats on usage.   As far as I can tell
performance is as good as applications written with mod_perl.

> - are there any memory issues (does modpython consume an unusual amount of
> memory)?
Yes, but less than than a httpd with mod_perl built in.
Still running mod_python/2.6.3 Python/1.5.2 other versions maybe
different.

> - are there any stability issues?
We had problems before the current version of mod_python with some
obscure bugs having to do with threading but those were fixed on
2.6.2.  Other than that no problems.

							Miguel

C. Miguel Marques, York University, Computing & Network Services
e-mail: miguel at yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830