[mod_python] usign the apache log ?

riesch at nieuw.nl riesch at nieuw.nl
Fri Jul 27 15:15:58 EST 2001

hi there,

what you can do is write your own log-class. I've done something like this:

class Log:
   def __init__(self, file, mode):
      if __debug__:
         delf.__descriptor = open(file, mode)

   def __del__(self):
      self.close()

   def append(self, string):
      self.__descriptor.write(string + "\n\n")
      # add some more information if you please

   def close(self):
      self.__descriptor.close()

   # Variables
   __descriptor = []
#

global log
log = Log("log.txt")

When you import this module, the log-instance will be known and be the same for every file that imports this module (the global takes care of this) and every write (wherever) happens in the same file.
To write stuff:

import from Log *

log.append("something happened")

I hope this helps,