[mod_python] usign the apache log ?

Miguel Marques miguel at yorku.ca
Fri Jul 27 08:54:41 EST 2001

Greetings...
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:59:51 +0200, Bo Lorentsen <bl at netgroup.dk> wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> I have been writing a system using this mod_python module, and it just
> work out fine for me. Its really a nice Python tool, keep up the good
> work. But (there is always a but :-)) I really like to be able to se
> more about what is going in inside my code, and I therefor looked for a
> way to write to the apache log file, but found nothing in mod_python.
>
> In the O'reilly book "Writing Apache modules with Perl and C" they have
> an example where they got a logger out of the Request class (or whatever
> they call it i Perl :-)). This don't seem to be the case in mod_python,
> and the only reference I could find to logging is the PythonLogHandler,
> and that don't sound like anything I could use.
>
> Is there something i have misunderstood, or is there a way do redirect
> stdout/err to the log or something fancy like that ?
>
> Thanks in advance !

4.3 apache - Access to Apache Internals.
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.5/doc-html/module-apache.html

Specifically: log_error(message[, level, server])

							Miguel

C. Miguel Marques, York University, Computing & Network Services
e-mail: miguel at yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830