[mod_python] undefined symbol "floor"

Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen daniel at copyleft.no
Wed Jul 4 10:31:50 EST 2001

>> It is my experience, on FreeBSD, that I have to recompile Apache with
>> "-lm" in order for this to work. Linking it with mod_python doesn't seem
>> to cut it (unless one perhaps linked it statically).

> Now it's finding floor, but I'm getting ImportError:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/_socket.so: Undefined symbol
> "PyThread_acquire_lock" Is this another linker problem?  What do I
> link in to get this solved?

I got this one too, at one point, but I can't remember what I did. I think
it had something to do with Python's /usr/local/lib/python2.1 binaries
being compiled with threading.

Perhaps a separate install of a threadless python, in another directory,
and linking against that, will help you. Only, I can't recall doing this,
and things are working for me now.

There were also more problems like this, one with mxDateTime. I feel every
time I want to set up mod_python after a few months of not using it, I
have to spend days fucking with it. :)

-- Daniel Mikkelsen, Copyleft Software AS