[mod_python] undefined symbol "floor"

Matt Beauregard matt at designscape.com.au
Wed Jul 4 17:51:15 EST 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 09:35:14AM +0200, Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen wrote:
> > floor() lives in libm, make sure that when you compile it, "-lm" is one of
> > the options.
>
> It is my experience, on FreeBSD, that I have to recompile Apache with
> "-lm" in order for this to work. Linking it with mod_python doesn't seem
> to cut it (unless one perhaps linked it statically).

Hooray!  Thanks Daniel, one step closer...

Now it's finding floor, but I'm getting
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/_socket.so: Undefined symbol "PyThread_acquire_lock"

Is this another linker problem?  What do I link in to get this solved?

thanks,

--
Matt Beauregard
Technical Director, Designscape

Permission is given for unlimited distribution of this work under the
Copyright Act 1968 (2001 amended).  Unless otherwise stated, you agree
that these terms also cover works which you send in response.