[mod_python] One question before I start experimenting with mod_python

Sandor Spruit sandor at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jan 23 12:27:41 EST 2001

[Please note: I'm not a regular reader of this list. Please be so kind
to send any replies directly to me; I'll summarize to the list]

Hello list members,

I've just got one question: "do Python programs need to be
specifically tailored for use with mod_python, or should Python
CGI programs be able to run unmodified ?"

My guess is, that I need some sort of a "connector" to convert the
regular CGI parameters into Python interpreter parameters, and start
the interpreter on the appropriate script. I'd have to rewrite that
connector to make use of the mod_python facilities. Any additional
pitfalls that I don't see yet ?

TIA,
Sandor
--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences