[mod_python] apache processes are getting large memory footpr int

Marc Fiuczynski marcf at becomm.com
Fri Apr 6 18:34:01 EST 2001

I just found the gc module, which seems to be a builtin module.  If I try to
import it, then mod_python seems to barf.  Any reason for this?

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/scratch/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py",
line 189, in Dispatch
    result = object(self.req)

  File "/scratch/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
line 128, in handler
    module = apache.import_module(module_name, _req, [path])

  File "/scratch/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py",
line 346, in import_module
    module = imp.load_module(mname, f, p, d)

  File "/scratch/apache/htdocs/hotbeads/dispatch.py", line 1, in ?
    import gc

ImportError: No module named gc