[mod_python] apache processes are getting large memory footprint

Marc Fiuczynski marcf at becomm.com
Fri Apr 6 18:17:41 EST 2001

Hi,

I am using mod_python to serve up large files from the server to the client.
I have noticed that the memory footprint of httpd gets rather large and
stays that way.  Can someone give me a hint how to start figuring out which
parts are holding on to that amount of memory.  Right now I have no clue
whether it is httpd, mod_python, or my python programs.  Is there a way to
figure out what the python memory profile is, or python GC stats?

Thanks,
Marc

ps., my configuration is as follows:
*python module is being invoked via mod_python's
 publisher interface.
*mod_python 2.7.2
*python 2.0
*apache 1.3.14