[mod_python] processing checkbox field from form

Alexis Iglauer aiglauer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 08:49:30 EST 2001

A more elegant way could be to pass the parameters as a single
dictionary, not as individual parameters - and then use .has_key() to
check for the available params.

I generally use the following code to split a URL into params (req is
the apache request):
-----------------
URL = urlparse.urlparse (req.unparsed_uri)
params = {}
try:
    for x in split(URL[4], '&'):
        params[split(x,'=')[0]] = split(x,'=')[1]
except IndexError:
    pass

I then pass 'params' to my functions.  I can check for a checkbox
called XXX by saying:

if params.has_key('XXX'):

This method will not happily handle multiple parameter values, but
could easily be modified to do so.

HTH
Alexis