[mod_python] Loading mod_python.so into apache-1.3.12 on redhat 6.2 segfaults

John Ruttenberg rutt at chezrutt.com
Thu Sep 21 07:43:56 EST 2000

I've using both the 2.4 rpm due to Mads Kiilerich and compiling 2.5 with apxs
and the results are the same -- 'httpd -X' segfaults.  The minimum change to
httpd.conf for this to happen is to add:

    LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

before any of the other LoadModule lines.  (My httpd.conf is available from
http://chezrutt.com/~rutt/httpd.conf if you want to take a look.)

I've also tried statically compiling apache according to the instructions that
come with it, but then httpd complains about the first LoadModule statement:

    [root at mojo src]# httpd -X
    Syntax error on line 208 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
    Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not in\
    cluded in the server configuration
    [root at mojo src]#

Perhaps I don't know how to configure it to allow loadable modules?