[mod_python] Passing data across handlers

Rich Salz rsalz at caveosystems.com
Tue Sep 12 10:49:18 EST 2000

> Here is a suggestion - if I provided a way to store a pointer to a Python
> object in notes - would that solve your problem? You create the object,
> then call some function that returns a string that you can store in
> notes.

Yes.  That's what I was thinking of in my first note (the "%p" being the
ANSI C way to make stringify a pointer -- atol is a hack).   Not sure
what the inferences are for referencing counting -- will I explicitly
call "del" on what I get back?

(Wouldn't it have been nice if Py_INCREF returned its input param? :)

Is the request_rec notes field mapped to a python list?  Could/should it
be?

> Try that with mod_perl.

:)  First I have to understand it.